Joe Schaefer wrote:
> [...]
Which is kinda what I was hinting at in the first place... +1

>>> The release docs for apreq-1 are totally wrong and should be brought
>>> up to speed with the release docs for apreq2.
>>>

>> +1 - I'll get to that this week, I hope (and improve the 2.0 docs a bit
>> too, based on recent issues discovered during the 1.34 release).  Will
>> also try to make some easier version bumping tools (though that actually
>> was really simple and pretty accurate in RELEASE, unless I missed something)

> Thanks!  What I'd really like to see us get in the habit of doing is
> discussing
> the gpg signatures as well.  IMO the RM should post the sig alongside
> the tarball so other devs can test that too, and we devs should offer our
> +1's with our *own* signature of the tarball attached to the vote message.

I've been trying to do that anyway.  Remind me to add an @apache.org
subkey and get it signed at the next ApacheCon keysigning party to make
my sigs nicer :)  Hopefully I'll make it this March.

> We then can collect *all* the sigs and put them into the final .asc file for
> the released tarball.

If we really want to adopt gpg sigs, we should really also adopt
Module::Signature for the perl glue, at least.
>>> Actually it turns out that the problem I was having at first was related
>>> to Bojan's prior -fno-strict-aliasing removal.  If you try building trunk
>>> with maintainer-mode set, the build will fail badly without the flag.
>>>

>> As I said earlier, I'm still for a new RC at the least.
>>

> I think what we need now is someone to volunteer for RM'ing a new release
> candidate of the 2.10 branch.

-0.9 again - numbers are admittedly cheap but I just don't like the idea
of seeing minor bumps and significant changes between RCs, but I'll
happily voulenteer to do 2.11

I'd also still like to see the interactive-mode patch for the CGI module
merged in, merging changes back is a pain in the ass, and there are
several folks out there using it already...

  Issac