On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 13:53 -0800, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> That is bunk.  We shoul NEVER try to support svn builds for releases,
> because that makes us dependent on whatever autocruft is on CentOS.
> It also doesn't help diddly squat when testing a potential candidate
> for release, since those are bundled by the RM's autotools.
>
> Please use the ACTUAL tarball when filing bug reports against a release.
> Thanks!

Initially, I thought Philip was telling me that something is busted with
RPM spec files (i.e. build/install on CentOS), so I wanted to fix that.

What I was referring to in my second post when I said "building from
source" was also the tarball, but your regular "get source, configure,
make, make install" build, not an RPM build.

Sorry, I wasn't making myself clear.

--
Bojan