On Nov 4, 2013, at 2:03 PM, Bob Briscoe <bob.bris...@bt.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Pls respond if you support this being adopted as a work-group item in the
> IETF transport services w-g (tsvwg). The WG chairs need visibility of
> interest.

And don't respond if we don't support it? :-)

I have a very basic question. For IP/IP tunnels, such as GRE, the ECN flags are
defined, and I would imagine that RFC 2983 could be interpreted as saying what
one does with flags (when you move the TOS octet, move 8 bits, whether in->out
or out->in). For non-IP tunnels, with the exception of MPLS, the IETF doesn't
define the header.

How does one add ECN to a protocol we don't maintain? If we maintain it, are we
already done?