Roland, Toke,

Yes, Toke's right - I was talking about how fast the control law moves, not the steady state.

Bob

On 30/09/15 13:25, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
"Bless, Roland (TM)" <roland.bl...@kit.edu> writes:

Am 30.09.2015 um 13:52 schrieb Toke Høiland-Jørgensen:
Polina Goltsman <polina.golts...@student.kit.edu> writes:

Early on, Rong Pan showed that it takes CoDel ages to bring high load under
control. I think this linear increase is the reason.
Is there a link to this ?
I have an analysis of transient behaviour in my recent paper (section 6.2):
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1389128615002479

PIE struggles with this too, BTW...
Thanks for the pointer, but I guess that's a different issue.
If I understood Bob correctly, he was referring to a steady state
situation with many flows (=high load?) in congestion avoidance phase.
But maybe Bob can clarify this...
Well, steady state has (by definition) nothing to do with how long it
takes to get there? Once CoDel has found the right scaling point it
stays there, so surely the problem is with transients?

-Toke