You are thinking that the point of a router is to be totally focused on TCP as
it is at the moment.  cwnd is a TCP-only concept.  And in fact, you are focused
on a "long-hold time" FTP-like TCP flow with maximal bitrate.

TCP in the Internet is not like that.  In ns2 experiments that are used to
generate benchmarks, maybe.  But those benchmarks are rarely realistic.