>The ID present text says:
>
>   "Active queue management (AQM) schemes, such as Random Early Detection
>    (RED), have been around for well over a decade. AQM schemes could
>    potentially solve the aforementioned problem. RFC 2309[RFC2309]
>    strongly recommends the adoption of AQM schemes in the network to
>    improve the performance of the Internet. RED is implemented in a wide
>    variety of network devices, both in hardware and software.
>    Unfortunately, due to the fact that RED needs careful tuning of its
>    parameters for various network conditions, most network operators
>    don't turn RED on. In addition, RED is designed to control the queue
>    length which would affect delay implicitly. It does not control
>    latency directly. Hence, the Internet today still lacks an effective
>    design that can control buffer latency to improve the quality of
>    experience to latency-sensitive applications. Notably, a recent IETF
>    AQM working group draft [IETF-AQM] calls for new methods of
>    controlling network latency."
>
>This certainly needs to recognize that RFC7567 has been published and
>that when published, this obsoleted the RFC2309, explicitly revoking
>the recommendation to use RED in RFC2309.
>
>I actually think the whole of this para needs reworked - there's no
>reference to RED itself, which seems necessary. Most of the points seem
>similar to points already made in RFC7567, and it would seem wiser to
>refer to these by section (if needed) than to write something slightly
>different here. I suspect this is just a result of the AQM WG work
>proceeding in parallel with the work in TSVWG, and could be easily
>resolved.

This paragraph intends to give a brief history of AQM, in which RFC2309 has
played a very important role. I do think we think we should include it
here. I will change its reference as the following,
³Back in 1998, RFC 2309[RFC2309]
    strongly recommended the adoption of AQM schemes in the network to
    improve the performance of the Internet."

I changed IETF-AQM to RFC7567 and added a reference to RED.

Thanks,

Rong