On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:20:21 -0500, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

>> West Danville, Vermont? Get a magnifying glass.
>> It's got the junction of rtes 15 & 2, and a large lake.
>> Even has a few residents :-)

> Hello Searchers:

> Just because a name of a hamlet might appear on a map and strategically
> placed at a certain crossroads does not necessarily mean that such a
> place by that name actually exists at the indicated location.  Almost all
> map publishers in private industry will intentionally include some
> fictitious place names on their maps.  They do this for the purpose of
> creating "copyright traps".  I know about this.  I used to make maps for a
> living at the US Geological Survey.  If you should publish a map which uses
> fictitious data and names harvested from some other publisher's maps, they
> can easily nail you for plagiarism and copyright violations.  Of course
> none of us Arachnids would even think of doing such a thing.

> All the best,

> Sam Heywood

*LOL* Quite right! And as a kid, I used to enjoy finding those twons by
comparing maps.
  Seriously though, both Klaus and myself are located in northern
Vermont. West Danville is well known for being at the end of rte 15.
If one travels east to St. Johnsbury, then W. Danville is a landmark.
Population: about 200. Double the number of folks who call the Corners
home;-)

                       - Pete Randolph -
                 - Morristown Corners, Vermont -