Actually, the "user cant install programs" is kinda logical, if you
look at what Linux's metaphor is based on: UNIX. Its for networks,
no matter that you can (obviously) run it as standalone. On typical
networks, you wouldnt want everyone to install everything they want..
etleast, not things that require installing drivers in the system
itself. Dont ask me for "why". I'm just telling you what I saw in
all the LAN networks i've seen, no matter the platform.

If you want to install something "heavy", you'll have to ask the
admin to do it.

--

                                       Or Botton
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Truth is stranger then fiction, since fiction has to make sense."
http://members.xoom.com/dsdp/