On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:14:42 +0200, Bernie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Glenn wrote:
>> So, the answer to the hypothetical question.....

>> The mail download will be aborted if the root directory limit is reached.

>> Now we know. ;-)

> Ah, but was the mail left on the server?

 No.
At CisNet.com, all messages are deleted at the time the "DEL" command
is sent by the client program.

 I've tried "manual aborts" at other pop3 servers and the mails do not
get deleted until the session has ended. ("QUIT" command sent)

So, in this particular case.... some servers would delete them, others
would not.
(it all depends upon the setup of the server)

Glenn McCorkle [EMAIL PROTECTED] North Jackson, Ohio, USA
DOS prog. for QV cameras http://www.angelfire.com/id/glenndoom/qvplay.html
Other stuff http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
--
            Arachne, The Web Browser for DOS
   Open the 'DOOR' to the WWW. Keep the 'windows' closed.