Klaus Hameyer wrote:

<good stuff snipped>

> 7. You NEED to make a PPP connection before running Arachne.

  Actually, arachne works just fine offline for looking at local
html files, etc.  You don't NEED to be online just to run it.

> 9. ... I also removed the non-SVGAlib
>    option from the script since I found that Arachne runs just
>    fine in the X windows system

  Are you sure?  I didn't think that was possible... the
very reason for Michael doing the GGI version.  Does
your X-Arachne say GGI across the top bar?  If so, you're
running the non-SVGA version you believe you removed.

> using icewm as window manager
>    rather then the bulkier kde or gnome.

  Apples and oranges.  Gnome and KDE are much more than
simple window managers (I think they're referred to as
desktop environments).  For instance, in Gnome, you can
choose to use Enlightenment window manager, Sawmill window
manager, etc... maybe even Icewm.
  I don't use Gnome or KDE either, but opt for the leaner
fvwm2.

 - Steve
 - San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation, USA (Arizona)