Ricsi wrote:
>And there are only 2 expections to this rule ... and guess what both come
>from M$.
>These are Active-X and a proprietary extension to Java.
>
>SUN sued M$ for saying that their version of Java is Java compliant (tm)
>and SUN won ...
>M$ is not allowed to label their products Java compliant any more.
>(sure ... M$ java looses it's platform independance and runs only on
>windows ... and the platform independance is THE big strength of java ...
>write once - run everywhere)

Ahem, there's also another standard. JavaScript, Explorer (earlier versions
anyway, I would be suprised if this changed) were not JavaScript compatible
and Microsoft even calls it ExplorerScript. The problem here is that when
pages don't work for people in Netscape and they complain the person behind
the page says that Netscape isn't compatible. Netscape was after all the
company that "invented" JavaScript so I find it kind of fun to see such
answers. The problem goes down to the basic object tree that is diffrent,
the question is which Arachne will support (or perhaps both?).
//Bernie