> >3) I am unable to print the swedish å, ä and ö from within arachne,
> >even though I have managed to work out how to make arachne accept
> >those letters. That is I can read, and send e-mails with those
> >swedish letters without a problem, but cannot print it.

> Hmm... Lars, have you ever printed anything with å, ä or ö?

Yes, I have. This morning :-)

I guess the problem (or advantage) is that DOS does not have any printer
drivers. At least on my HP DeskJet 690C I have the opportunity to tell the
printer which character set to use. In general, DOS use CP-437 (or 850) in
Sweden, while e-mail usually is written using ISO-8859-1. This effectively
means, that when I want to print out a mail in Swedish from Arachne, I have
to change the character set using a small utility that came with the
printer. And, to ensure I get the proper characters from DOS, I have to
switch back afterwards.