On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

> Is 'this' EXACTLY what Joerg intended for me to see?
> http://www.angelfire.com/id/glenndoom/test-pdf.gif
> It 'is' what I saw when I decoded test.pdf

I don't know what test.pdf is about and how it got into arachne

As for western.pdf, yes, it is what they intended you to see
The information in that document is unaltered (most important). Even the
layout is unaltered. Observe that the title occupies the same amount of
space and has the same position on the page, no matter the font it is
written with. This ensures that the document layout remains the same, even
if the Helvetica Compressed font is not available.

So, you dont't loose anything of what they intended to show you.

To push things further try and experience with this:
http://users.pcnet.ro/dhptech/download/west_new.pdf

The document was created in the usual way

Cristian Burneci