Edenyard wrote:

>    Well - this has certainly put us straight. I always thought that
> AutoCAD was some sort of shareware, rather than a serious or
> 'proprietary' programme. Cancel all requests!!

Hi Gerald;
One would think that Autodesk has shot themselves in the foot with their
stance on the use of outdated/obsolete versions (their definitions) of
their software, but the widespread use of Windows and other M$ products
proves that there will NEVER be a shortage of *suckers* willing to buy the
very latest crap no matter how bad it is.

Your only real (legal) choice is to find a substitute. They ARE out there
but I don't know how well they work. One that had been recommended in the
past was Generic Cad.
Unfortunately, in the usual manner of monopolists when confronted with
competition, Autodesk stifled them.  Read here:
http://www.cshull.demon.co.uk/new/cadgchome.html

There is a VERY high liklihood that you can acquire an old copy of GenericCad
without the same kind of legal nastiness you might count on with Acad, but it
is still possible that they may at least TRY to threaten you and your family.

There are some other links on that page, so if you do check them out please
give us a little OT report on the viability of the alternatives.

Thanks and good luck.

-  Clarence Verge
--
-  Help stamp out FATWARE.  As a start visit: http://home.arachne.cz/
-  The internet is infected - Windows is a VIRUS !!