On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 03:58:48 -0500 (EST), Thomas Mueller wrote:

> Excerpt from Glenn McCorkle:

>> It now has....
> 5.7gig HDD containing DOS (and an empty 1.3gig partition) :)))))
> 1.2gig HDD containing Linux
> IDE CDROM
> SCSI CDburner

> What do you do with all tha disk space for DOS?  Is that empty 1.3gig
partition
> primary or logical?  If you want to try (Free, Net or Open)BSD, you'd need a
> primary partition, but in either case, primary or logical, you could format
that
> partition for Linux and use for Linux-related things.

It's a "DOS primary".
(created with Linux Fdisk)

Most of the thime I keep it "hidden".
(using Gdisk.exe)

command line:
gdisk 1 -hide /p:11

When I want to store something on it....
gdisk 1 /-hide /p:11
(and then reboot)

Here's what it now contains:

 Volume in drive D does not have a label
 Directory of  D:\

DRIVE_C.ZIP 139,213,005 11-28-01  6:11p
DRIVE_D.ZIP 212,165,749 11-28-01  6:43p
DRIVE_E.ZIP 458,491,980 11-28-01  8:04p
DRIVE_F.ZIP 408,381,339 11-28-01 10:16p
       4 File(s) 105,742,336 bytes free

That's right... 4 ZIP files which are a complete backup of everything
else on this HDD.

When I'm done with this evenings eMails... I'll burn them onto CDs.
(using DOS to do the burning)
WOW !!!!
It feels good to say that!!! :)

No more WinCrap!!!