Sam & All,

I've found ZDnet and Tech Republic to be good places to hunt down
nitty-gritty tech info.

I'm far from an expert, but IIRC WindowsXP is an "extension" of
WindowsNT, and (again IIRC) NT never had a "DOS" of it's own although it
needed DOS to do half the stuff required.

Another thing that points to the fact that there is no equivalent of DOS
in XP is that the pro hackers [good guy hackers, not punks who can't
truly program or decently reverse engineer] have not yet come up with a
"patch" to provide DOS access with XP ... and they'be been able to
access XP for about a year now.

====

-- Arachne V1.70;rev.3, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/