from "Rob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>   I have subscribed to this list only a short time, but have learned a
  great deal from it, which is good because I am quite new to computers,
  and am going to school for them, after losing my job of 27 years when
  the plant closed down.I learned on Win2000 and eventually DOS which
  seems to suit me and my computer better, my computer was given to me
  and was built in 1992, so it is very low in resources. But DOS teaches
  more about computers than windoze can, so I am greatful for lists such
  as this one.
>   But I can learn very little from that spoiled twit!!! His parents
  shouldn't allow him to play with the computer, or anything else requiring
  responsible behaviour!

Windoze pulls the wool over the user's eyes, so the user doesn't know what's
really happening, and that can hurt in the case of viruses or when applications
seriously mess up.  With DOS, Linux and the BSDs, the user is forced to take a
more proactive role.  I learned on MS-DOS 3.3 and 4.01, so I became accustomed
to the command prompt.