On Sat, 18 May 2002 17:23:12 -0500, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

> On Sat, 18 May 2002 07:12:34 -0500, Sam Ewalt wrote:

> I tried in vein again last evening to create a bootable diskette
> of DR-Dos v3.31 (wasted 3hrs and still no success)

> If anyone else would like to have a go at it.
> I got it all a little iover a year ago and burned it onto CD.

I have in the past enjoyed some success in creating bootable disks of
a LOWER version of DOS by copying the system files OVER the system
files of a bootable disk for a HIGHER version of DOS.   In order to
copy the system files you will of course have to use the ATTRIB command
to remove the AHRS attributes on the bootable diskette of the higher
version.  Sometimes it helps to rename the system files of the higher
version so that they would have the same names as those of the lower
version.  This tends to insure that they will be copied over to the
same corresponding sector.  After the system files of the higher
version have been overwritten by those of the lower version, then you
will have to re-attribute them to the +AHRS values.  This technique
would usually work for me after making from about one to five attempts
and using different floppies.  I'm going to try this technique at
making a bootable floppy for DR-DOS 3.31.  I have the system files, but
no disk image.  I will report right back with the results of my
experiment.

Sam Heywood