On 26 May 02 at 6:41, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Howard Schwartz)
>Reply to List: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Speaking of wanting CC cards, 10 pages of marketing info. about you,
>and similar got'you gimmicks to get free stuff: I recently downloaded
>a very small compact alternative to, and compliant with, MS Office
>substitute (602Pro) that had been sending me ads for a while.
>
>Imagine my happiness when I tried to start the software to see the error
>message,
>
> Wont run without Internet Explorer 4 or greater!
>
>I know this is common, but the irony of requiring IE for an Alternate (?) to
>Bill Gates's MS Office. A common marketshare grabber, is outside vendor's
>software requiring, not IE per se, but one of the DLL libraries that comes
>with IE for it to function. Developers, I suppose just know the library is
>supposed to be included with winBlows, so why not use some of its functions?

If I have a legal W95 I also have IE 4. Text602 and Tab602 are made
for users who cannot exist without Windows environment. Nevertheless
those two programs perfectly replaces Word and Excel functionality,
reads and writes the MS file format. I think from the technical as
well as from the economic point of view Soft602 IS the most relevant
alternative to MS-Office.

Regards
Christof Lange

 Christof Lange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
 phone: (+420-2) 22 78 06 73 / 22 78 20 02
 http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov