On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 18:49:12 +0000, Thomas Tabler wrote:

> Dear Glenn and List:

> What I can't understand is that the new A. 171UE#1 won't apparently
> download anything BINARY from the redhat.com site.  This is in apparent
> contradiction to what Arachne's CORE.exe reports as happening on the
> status line.  I have checked, and http referrer=yes and save htt=yes.
> This is very surprising from me.  Status line says Arachne's ftp
> client is logged into updates.redhat.com:21.  Any who would like
> to reply on List?  I may have an unusual drive setup here, but if
> this is common, this could perhaps be a real bug.

> yours,

> Thomas

> Dear Glenn:

> hear's something else really odd.  Even though it saves webpages
> great with the new scheme of displaying a page of "this page is
> saved to file:..." and it seems to download graphic images great.
> But apparently there's some bug with BINARY program transfers, or
> maybe large ASCII files being saved to a slave drive or download
> directory.  This is really odd, to me.  Well, this is what happened
> when I downloaded  a PNG file.  Saved to disk just great.
> Then when I went back the second time, after reloading the buffer
> "R", I got a black screen.  Maybe that has something to do with
> it.  The PNG file is just fine.  But it didn't display the second
> time in Arachne.  I have a ramdisk of only under 7OO MB in extended
> memory.  Remember, this is one of the newer 486sx/dx type machines.
> No expanded memory.

> yours,

> Tom

I just checked to see what kind of filenames you might be trying to save.

ftp://updates.redhat.com:21/8.0/en/os/SRPMS/xpdf-1.01-10.src.rpm

There's the problem.

On my setup the 'saveas' page will attempt to save this file to....
c:\1recv\xpdf-1.01-10.src.rpm

That is an invalid filename in DOS.

Change it to this and all will go as planned.
c:\1recv\xpdf101.rpm

--
 Glenn
 http://arachne.cz/