On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:25:53 -0500, Samuel W. Heywood wrote:

> Outgoing messages may remain in the outbox and fail to get sent for
> reasons other than an SMTP upload abort.  For example, due to a typo
> or some other oversight you might sometimes prepare an outgoing message
> that fails to comply with the RFC's.  In this case the message will
> remain in your outbox and fail to get sent, and you won't even get any
> error messages during the SMTP session.  Things like that can happen
> also as a result of an occasional glitch in the matrix, even when the
> SMTP session is not aborted, and even when your outgoing message is RFC
> compliant.

So let Arachne alert me, or alternatively open the Outbox, only when
there *IS* stuff left unsent. The very lack of such an alert will then
tell me that the Outbox is empty.

> My preferences are differnt.  After doing SMTP I would always want to be
> left looking at my outbox, regardless of whatever screen I should call
> the SMTP function from.

Other than to see that it is empty there doesn't seem to be any point in
looking at the Outbox.

-- Arachne V1.71;UE01, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/