I had the following sent to me regarding unsolicited advertising email
aka SPAM...

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:01:56 -0400, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

> Remember, when you receive e-mail from an unknown source and suspect
> it to be spam, avoid clicking on the unsubscribe links, replying to
> the spam, replying to an address in the spam message, or visiting any
> link contained within the e-mail. These actions confirm the validity
> of your e-mail address and may result in more spam.

Excellent advice that I thought everyone knew already. But obviously
an enormous number of people *don't* know it as so much of this stuff is
still being circulated, which wouldn't happen if it didn't work.

Greg Mayman

-- Arachne V1.71;UE01, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/