Very nice answer Sam. I wouldn't explain in a better way myself. From
time to time I try to explain to some Windows user what a "shell" is and
usually fail. They simply can't imagine how to run an application on a
remote computer. And fail to understand how multiple users can run
multiple instances of the same program on the same computer without
stepping on each other's toes. Another issue is understanding what a
terminal does. They usually end up asking me what drivers and extra
hardware do they need, cause they'd like to connect two keyboards and
two monitors to their computer, too:)

Pe data de Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:11:20 -0500
"Sam Ewalt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a scris: