Hi list!

I am using current KDE 4.2.4 from core and am experiencing these two little
things that are not really disturbing but rather annoying:

1) Every time I quit okular it crashes and shows a crash message. A quick
search of the web brought up that this was “a minor regression in kdelibs“ and
should be fixed by now (sorry, I don’t remember the actual site I read this
on). So my question is: Is anyone experiencing the same problem and has a fix?
Or do we really just need to wait for an update of KDE? If so: Is an update
planned or do we have to wait for 4.3 or 4.2.5?

2) Every time KDE starts up it shows (after a little while) the following
message in a native X dialog: “Could not start ksmserver. Check your
installation.” If I click on “OK” or kill the message window X restarts. A web
search on this one revealed nothing really helpful so now I’m just leaving the
message window open on an unused desktop. When doing this everything seems to
work normal and as expected. In fact “ps -elf | grep ksmserver” reveals that
the specified program is indeed running. Does anyone get this error, too, and
perhaps knows how to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Edgar