On 12/12/2009 01:01 πμ, Ionut Biru wrote:
On 12/12/2009 12:55 AM, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
Hello,

When I'm building a package using makechrootpkg and the build fails or I
happen to interrupt it, sometimes it gets stuck at the "cleaning up
unioned mounts" stage for a very long time (from several seconds up to a
few minutes). During this time, the disk shows intense activity.

Does this happen to others too? Any idea why this is occurring and how
to prevent it?

happen to me too. since 2.6.32 upgrade the cleanup sometimes take even
20 minutes. dmesg shows that aufs crashes

Yeah, it's gotten much worse for me too with the latest kernel, maybe because I'm using ext4 and some recent corrections applied to it had a negative effect on performance [1].

Since it's not just me, I opened a bug report [2] so we can hopefully resolve this annoying behavior.

----
[1] http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=85731
[2] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17469