Ionut Biru wrote:
On 01/08/2010 09:01 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
Frederic Bezies wrote:
Hello everybody.

Yesterday, my computer installed from testing last networkmanager
version, 0.7.998-1. It worked OK until I shut down my computer.

This morning, I cannot get any single program to be launched in gnome,
even xterm using alt+f2 dialog box.

After I downgraded to version 0.7.2-1, all was again working. I opened
a bug : http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17743

Did anybody see the same problem or is it my computer ?

I noticed the same thing today when I upgraded... Downgrading seems the
current solution.

Allan

aynone noticed that the hostname and /etc/hosts has been changed? its the first thing that comes in your eyes.(hostname)

Yep, my /etc/hosts file was definitely changed:

#
# /etc/hosts: static lookup table for host names
#
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost

#<ip-address>     <hostname.domain.org>     <hostname>
127.0.0.1       arch
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost

That additional line at the start is definitely not mine...

Allan