On 25/01/10 21:09, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
Am Montag, 25. Januar 2010 03:55:22 schrieb Sven-Hendrik Haase:
I'm aware that I can get cdrtools from AUR. Even then, cdrkit uses
"replaces" and that spells "don't use cdrtools" for me.

I don't see any replaces entry in our cdrkit PKGBUILD. So everybody should be
free to replace cdrkit by cdrtools.

Did anybody find a neutral and reliable statement about the license problem? I
guess most of us are no lawyers.

I don't see any problem in providing both if there are no licensing issues and
we have maintainers for them.

Not anything recent: http://lwn.net/Articles/195167/ . Debian thinks about these things a lot more than we do so I usually would defer to them. But given they essentially created the cdrkit fork, I'm not sure they are ever going to reassess the situation.

Allan