On 26/01/10 01:10, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Allan McRae wrote:

Not anything recent: http://lwn.net/Articles/195167/ .  Debian thinks
about these things a lot more than we do so I usually would defer to
them.  But given they essentially created the cdrkit fork, I'm not sure
they are ever going to reassess the situation.

The article you mention contains a lot of dissinformation and I am not conviced
that Debian did even discuss their actions with a lawyer.

I am happy to answer questions based on informations I have from various lawyers
from Germany and the USA, but please let us ignore the claims from LWN and
Debian. They are not helpful.

The Sun legal department did check cdrtools in Autumn 2008 and the legal review
did take three months. The result from this check is that there is absolutely no
legal problem with the original cdrtools software.

Do you have a link to a report made from that. The only information about this review I can find is various posts made by you. Reading the outcome of the review would really help clear things up.

Thanks,
Allan