Am 30.06.2012 16:01, schrieb Randy:

The only thing that I have in sleep.d is 90alsa, but I didn't place this file there. It must have been done when a package was installed. If I rm this file, then it works ok.

Do you think that it's ok to not have this file there? I'll have to check if removing it prevents my sound from working after a resume.

this file is part of alsa-utils and as far as I understand this was added as a workaround for some buggy application behaviour:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17239

I'm not sure what the hook actually does, but it doesn't seem to be neccessary - at least on my systems (I use systemd to suspend, so these hooks are not even run on my systems).

Anyway, if this hook indeed causes the problem I think you should file a bug report. Maybe whatever this hook fixes has been fixed upstream and it isn't even needed anymore...