On 8/14/20 4:41 PM, Xorg via arch-general wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thunderbird 78 is available since 1 month
> (https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/78.0/releasenotes).
> Is there any reason the package is stuck to version 68? Can someone update
> this package?
>
> Thank in advance.

BTW, by looking at the release notes shared, I don't like the note about
> At this time, users of the Enigmail Add-on should not update to Thunderbird
> 78.
> OpenPGP functionality for Thunderbird 78 is still work in progress, and is
> disabled by default in the initial 78.0 release. See the wiki for how to
> enable and help with testing.

I heavily rely on gpg, and getting something still work in progress doesn't
sound good.  Not sure if the OpenPGP functionality on 78.1.1 (current release)
offers something more mature, because 78+ versions do not support Enigmail
anymore it seems...

Thanks,

--
Javier