Hey, i really need it. Does someone have a pkgbuild for a resume enabled kernel ? i am real bad at pkgbuilds thats why :)

Rohan.

On 11/05/05, iphitus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Suspend doesnt play nice with a dual boot setup generally.

Dont mount a partition within linux, that you are going to use within
windows, it's quite common for hard disk writes to be delayed and such
or for the system to cache certain info about filesystems.

I learnt the hard way, i edited a document, in windows, suspended,
loaded up linux, wasnt there ........
i hadto shut down windows for it to be visible within linux, same
happened vice versa.

Apparently filesystem corruption can be a problem too if doing as i
just mentioned. Fun.

OTOH, you dont need initng to have a fast boot, i boot to my arch
desktop in a minute flat. i recompiled my kernel with drivers as
modules. moved the module loading from /etc/rc.sysinit to a script at
/etc/rc.d/modules, and i have x's inittab line set to 'once' so that
it and rc.multi start at the same time. I explicitly load usbhid
beforehand so that X can have mouse right up, with out any problems.I
have gdm autologging in, though theres probably a better way, using
xdm or something.

James Rayner < iphitus >

iphitus - www.iphitus.tk