Well, one thing that I know some people do is to manage your own repos

I think this is a very good idea.  However, after giving it some thought, I had another idea.  Since the universe of what we're talking about here is all servers, I am wondering how much updating there would actually have to be if I just synced to Current.  Phrak has already said:

In addition, for server-type stuff you're really not going to have much
updated that often - my server sits for a few weeks without an update - and I'm
using packages from [unstable] and [community] too.

So, maybe it's not that big of a deal.  In addition (although I couldn't find the message),
I'm sure someone had mentioned something about the fact that updates can easily be rolled back.  (I really wish I could find that message.  I use gmail for this stuff specifically to avoid having these kinds of problems.)  Anyway, as a worst case scenario, one could simply maintain 2 different partitions and simply alternate between them with each update.  It doesn't sound too bad to me.  Any thoughts on this idea?

      ... doug

       ... doug