I was able to fix the problem by doing a manual install of the nvidia drivers. No ammount of pacman -S nvidia could solve the problem, but downloading the driver and doing a manual install solved my problems... Thought it was odd, but it got me back to 60fps so I'm not going to complain too much.
-Jerry.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:13:35 +0100, Jerry Dueitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 3/22/06, Aaron Griffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
>
>> Can you try using the stock kernel instead of archck, and see if that
>> has any effect whatsoever - you'll have to eliminate possible causes
>> one-by-one in the fashion.
>>

> I have now tried the stock kernel and reinstalling the nvidia drivers to
> no
> avail. I am wondering if there is an easy way to roll back my upgrades. I
> looked at my log and I upgraded on the 28th of February and everything
> was
> working just peachy, then everything went down hill about the time that I
> upgraded on the 12th of March. Or does anybody have any other thoughts?
> -Jerry.

you mentioned that xorg seemed a nightmare? have you checked out
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg7 ?