It was least slow when I used the ext2. So maybe the journaling was too
exhaustive for the usb key. For now, I've gone back to larch and I will try
to master this system a lot more. ;)

Michel

PS: The wiki is now totally updated.

On 1/19/07, RedShift <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Remember that the flash memory in USB sticks have a very very low access
time but have a really low sustained data rate. So the advantage you get
from the low access time cancels out by it's low data rate.

Glenn