On 1/25/07, Guillermo A. Amaral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Change the line :
>
> > x:5:respawn:/usr/bin/xdm -nodaemon
>
> to point to gdm.
>
> But you can just put everything back as it was before and add gdm to your
> rc.conf ( i think thats your safer bet to get the consoles and gdm working )
>
> --
> Guillermo A. Amaral, BCSE

Yes, thanks.

Actually I found out this is a problem with the fglrx driver and my
configuration.  I have a laptop and I'm using an external LCD instead
of the onboard screen.  So, when I unplug the external LCD, there is
no problem accessing virtual consoles or using init 3 or init 5.  But,
on the external LCD, the vc's don't appear .. I believe they actually
exist, but they just don't appear.

thanks,