On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 10:08:20PM +0100, François Charette wrote:

> My question is thus: are there enough (La)TeX aficionados among Arch
> users that would justify the effort to create packages based on
> TeXLive2007 for the benefit of our community ?? I'd be ready to invest
> some time for that, but perhaps it would be best done in collaboration
> with someone else, after a short period of brainstorming? What does
> Jason (maintainer of the tetex package) think of that?

My first instinct is to say "Yes!".  But I realize that it is a very
large package, and I also know that almost all of my latex documents
(90%+) would compile with an early 90's build of the latex suite. I
would like to see it maintained, even if it is just a once a year
update.  I don't know how its even done though.  That's my thoughts,
anyone else?

Ryan -