On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:17:22 -0500
Greg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am just curious why there is such a long delay between rebuilding
> apps that depend on the Python2.5 in the testing repo.  Does anybody
> know?
>
> Is it because there are problems, or lack of time on the maintainer's
> part, etc.  There are lots of packages that are broken because of the
> addition of 2.5, and it just seems like a long time has gone by since
> 2.5 was introduced. I've gone ahead and rebuilt the packages myself
> for the things that had issues on my box, so I am not complaining,
> I'm just curious.

It's mostly just maintainer time.  I'm so busy with work that I can't
really do all the rebuilding myself.

The developer web interface lets us create a todo list so that all the
developers can rebuild their own packages when they get a chance.
Sadly, it's been broken for a while so I haven't been able to give the
other developers their lists.

Jason