2007/2/28, Alex Smit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> The idea is nice and all, but Ballmer accuses GNU/Linux of patent infrigment.
> And patents aren't code.

I think you are missing the point here. Ballmer keeps saying that
GNU/Linux infringes patents that belong to Microsoft, but refuses to
tell what the infringing parts are. As is stated on the Show Us The
Code site, free software developers are looking forward to solve the
problem by removing the infringing parts and rewriting them in a way
that makes them legal, but since there's a refusal to to show what
these parts are, there's no way to exit this infinite loop.

If a lot of people and personalities of the GNU/Linux world sign the
petition but Microsoft still doesn't show the code, then it will be
assumed that the claims aren't true and it's all just FUD, as
frequently happens with them. That's what he was asking, if Arch
(where by "Arch" I think we mean Judd) wants to participate or not.

bardo

P.S.: please, don't top post.