On 3/1/07, Hussam Al-Tayeb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not only Linux is affected by the FAT patent. You have a lot of
> manufacturers who ship Usb drives or Cameras that use FAT filesystem for
> storage (where internal storage parts are freformatted as FAT).

I think that would be considered fair use, those companies aren't
actually writing products to implement fat, they'd just be formatting
it with microsoft's utilities. They don't make the profit of 'fat'
anyway.

I don't think that this novel showusthecode idea will get far.
Microsoft could quite well just completely ignore it. It's that
simple. There's no onus on them to reply. And in that case, it may
well end up just being forgotten.

James

--
iphitus // Arch Developer // kernel26beyond // iphitus.loudas.com