2007/3/2, Mircea Bardac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 09:43:59 Guillermo A. Amaral wrote:
> > Well last time I touched FAT was back in 1994 I think...
> > and I'm still alive and working.
>
> Alternative: http://www.fs-driver.org/
> (large files etc., better than FAT anyway)

It has on big drawback - filenames in ext2/ext3 should be encoded with
the same charset as Windows use, which in case of Cyrillic languages
is windows-1251. UTF-8 is not supported.
So you are restricted to Latin characters in filenames.
And of course access rights are not supported.

IMO many patents should be canceled. Patent offices are stupid and
grants idiotic patents. Even wheel is patented! :-D

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)