For quite a long time now. (At least a month or so.) Xfce's Terminal
randomly dies whenever I type Japanese. I've been writing my Japanese
emails with gmail's web browser ever since and I've gotten a bit tired
of it especially because more and more of them are coming.

It would be nice if I could get a solution for this but I don't know if
that is possible. So I'm looking for a good new terminal that I would
like. (Though I really like Terminal so if there is a solution that
would be good.)

It would most important to have to have Japanese support.Asthetically I
don't like the way urxvt does this because in Terminal the conversion
lines come up on the same line that you are typing in, but with urxvt
the conversion lines come up under what you are typing and once you hit
enter they go into the actual text.

I also would like it to be able to set a background picture, bonus
points if it lets you randomly change background pictures. (Eterm lets
you do this but it doesn't seem to have Japanese support.)

The less gnome/KDE dependancies it has the better. (I know gnome's
terminal has the exact same features as xfce's and I'm worried it has
the same bug.)

I use Scim/Anthy to type Japanese by the way.

Thanks for reading this stupid email.