On 8/13/07, Scott Horowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 8/13/07, _saiko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > sadly next time when i try to open the same link there's again the
> > browse button and no handler app availlable
>
> This happens here too. But you can still click the "OK" button, even
> though the app name isn't appearing, and it will work. Firefox is
> indeed saving the app you chose (you can verify this by going Edit >
> Preferences > Content > Manage), it just doesn't show the app name
> again the next time for some reason.
>
> Scott

Perhaps this is due to a long path?

Anyway, I noticed that only after installing the mime-types package firefox
effectively showed up th plugin handled types (SWF, PDF, etc) in Edit >
Preferences > Content > Manage as stated on FF knowledge base. That's why I
asked the package to be included as dependency. Maybe people didn't notice
the problem because they're using gnome and as said before FF also tries
gnome-vfs. Since I use Xfce, e haven't installed gnome-vfs, that problem
occurred to me. By the way, for people having handlers issues, check this
site http://kb.mozillazine.org/Changing_media_handling_behaviour its very
interesting and has links to other pages, also on moizillazine talking abou
media handling problems.

--
Cheers,
      Rodrigo

A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open
windows.
                   ~Linus Torvalds