I currently notice some strange things that have to do with the
transition current->core.
(Note that I have updated /etc/pacman.conf, /etc/abs.conf and did a
system upgrade as well as an abs upgrade).

1. "abs" creates new stuff under /var/abs/core/ for packages that also
still exist under /var/abs/{base,daemon,system,etc} Why are the latter
not deleted automatically?
For example: I have both
/var/abs/core/base/tar (ver 1.18-2)
and /var/abs/base/tar (ver 1.18-1)

2. Many installed packages that I have under
/var/abs/{base,daemon,system,etc} are no longer in pacman's database.
For example:
    $ pacman -Q acpi
    acpi 0.09-1
but
    $ pacman -Ss ^acpi$
yields nothing!
Same thing for a bunch of other basic packages: acpid, apache, alsa-lib,
alsa-oss, alsa-utils, etc etc

3. Also the following command gives an error:
    $ pacman -Sl current
    error: repository "current" was not found.
even though there are still many entries under /var/lib/pacman/current

Perhaps these are just temporary quirks that will be gone once the
transition is completed? Or are these pacman and/or abs bugs?

Thanks

Firmicus