ADMININSTRATOR CONTROLS EXPECTED:

1)      Mapping User Accounts

2)      Updating Default Map Settings (mapConfig)

3)      Managing basemaps and GIS layers

4)      Managing resource layers

5)      Managing Accounts (Change Password etc)

Every Idea has been explained in details as follows:

*MAIN INTERFACE WILL BE TABBED WITH LINKS TO ALL THE ACTIONS THAT ADMIN CAN
PERFORM*

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-09npPr5Gr6c/UxgQa-d_5bI/AAAAAAAAB38/5DSeHAxmomw/s1600/django+quick+start+panel.PNG>Sort

of this image. There shall be quick access to controls.

*MANAGING ACCOUNTS*

Django Admin Interface is very powerful. However for simplicity of adding
accounts, we shall have a simple account adding UI. Since it’s quite basic,
I shall not elaborate here. The admin will have ease in adding accounts and
managing them. Django-Grapelli provides a very nice overview of what I’m
explaining.  There shall be minimum hassle for the admin to create an
account and provide permissions. *Permissions shall be grouped together for
easy execution and time saving*

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mjFZQwOP9O8/UxgPiAZaJWI/AAAAAAAAB3U/MfruqRQpl50/s1600/django+login+page.PNG>

*UPDATING DEFAULT MAP SETTINGS*

Present map config is quite complicated for an end-user. It reveals quite a
lot of code which isn’t necessary. We can have a form here which requires
input for default values, hence reducing the codeblock as whole. There are
only some controls which need to be changed here, so we can use CSS and
make them stand out of the many for ease of access. *If time permits, we
can have an embedded map api for easier center point location*.

This is just a demo of what the form should look like. Conent may
vary.<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-pMFzCNozYpQ/UxgPo5T6EII/AAAAAAAAB3c/6bQltMQ-vSY/s1600/mass_update.png>

There should be a graphical representation of map areas from where the data
is plugged
in.<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TFPX0ue7nMA/UxgP3KoSTgI/AAAAAAAAB3k/wLz0zqfjnVI/s1600/graph_pie.png>

*MANAGING BASEMAPS AND EXTERNAL GIS LAYERS*

Basemaps selection is quite  easy from the given list of basemaps. However
it lacks a search option for quick access to useful basemaps. Hence
vertical filter is a viable option here.

Creating a base layer is a bit tricky. We can generate automatic values for
AddId field. Have an easy to fill up UI for the form (icon part). Defining
layer requires no changes because it’s meant to be coded and only a skilled
person can create a layer.

Drag and drop values for the
forms.<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-T9fTUIJxfaM/UxgQGD94boI/AAAAAAAAB3s/yMYqv-WXpFU/s1600/django-admin+drag-drop.PNG>

Extra Idea : Add maintainance logs
.<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LdSXz_UAuks/UxgQSAUplPI/AAAAAAAAB30/TFbqH5xuCuw/s1600/django+add+maintain+logs.PNG>

This is what I found on analysing the structure presently deployed. I shall
properly document the part after modifications so that anyone can handle
the UI.

*UI CHANGES:*

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ic0EHUYdbDQ/UxgQwmIqagI/AAAAAAAAB4M/1DzG_4LEuU8/s1600/img3.png>

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cRerbif6vIs/UxgQ9PENzYI/AAAAAAAAB4U/7ACKnITIc3g/s1600/django-admin1.png>