Hi Adam

Welcome to the Arches community, and thanks for letting us know about the
proposal that you're preparing to implement Arches for the Cane River National
Heritage Area. I had the pleasure of spending time in Natchitoches and the Cane
River National Heritage Area during the 2004 US/ICOMOS symposium there, so have
an idea of the types of heritage resources to be inventoried there.
If you would find it useful, the Arches project team would be happy to provide
feedback on your proposal. If you would like to follow up on that, feel free to
get in touch with me off-forum.

Best regards,

David Myers
Arches Project Team

>>> On 4/6/2014 at 9:43 PM, in message
>>> <5e96c486-31b6-486a-bb5d-5ce2f5d90...@googlegroups.com>, Adam Cox
>>> <mr.adam...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

My name is Adam Cox, and I'm currently putting a proposal together to implement
arches for the Cane River National Heritage Area here in Natchitoches,
Louisiana (USA).  The project won't begin until this fall, hopefully by
October, but I'm really looking forward to carrying out this operation.  The
heritage area already has a local resource file geodatabase (ESRI-style) that
was commissioned a few years ago, but it really isn't very accessible.
Therefore, the built-in web front-end that Arches provides is very appealing to
the parties involved.  So, the project will really be an installation and
conversion endeavor.  I'm very interested to see what comes out of the SOC, as
the top priority projects are all pieces that foresee as very useful to me, and
the larger success of Arches.

I expect to do a test install with the standard resource types, but am really
interested in the ability to customize and create new resource types (forgive
me, I'm still working on the Arches lingo).  Specifically, one of the most
important cultural resource categories down here are graves, and I will be
incorporating at least one full cemetery.  A resource type specifically for
graves is something I'm very interested in developing for my installation.  I
have experience with Python, mostly in an ESRI setting, so I also look forward
to diving into the source code...

>From my window I'd be able (were it light outside) to see the American
>Cemetery, which is generally billed as the oldest cemetery in the Louisiana
>Purchase.  Many French epitaphs, a few revolutionary war veterans, and
>overall, a beautifully peaceful place for a walk.

Cheers!
Adam