Van: archesproject@googlegroups.com [archesproject@googlegroups.com] namens
Adam Cox [mr.adam...@gmail.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 6 mei 2015 16:36
Aan: David Lopes
CC: archesproject@googlegroups.com
Onderwerp: Re: [Arches] Re: Arches 3.0 released!

Hi David, I also first tried installing those as the root user.  Not sure if
that's exactly what you mean by root privileges, or if you just mean with sudo,
but when I did so as the root user (su root), the installation worked but I
also had to run later commands from the root user account, and felt that that
was not a great precedence to set.  It seemed more prudent to do everything as
the ubuntu user, hence the addition of the sudo commands to the
ubuntu_trusty_setup.sh script.

As for setting up with Apache, here are the steps that I recorded when I made a
successful test of that process:

1. get apache2 and the mod
 -- $: sudo apt-get install apache2
 -- $: sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-wsgi

2. edit main apache2 config file
 -- $: sudo nano /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

add the top arches app directory ("crip" is the name of my app):

<Directory /home/ubuntu/Projects/crip/>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Require all granted
</Directory>

3. edit the sites-enabled conf file:
 -- $: sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default

under <VirtualHost *:80> add:

#create daemon process: make path to app and to virtualenv python
WSGIDaemonProcess arches
python-path=/home/ubuntu/Projects/crip:/home/ubuntu/Projects/ENV/lib/python2.7/site-packages

#make group for app
WSGIProcessGroup arches

#path to app wsgi.py file
WSGIScriptAlias / /home/ubuntu/Projects/crip/wsgi.py

4. restart apache
 -- $: sudo service apache2 restart

reference:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-run-django-with-mod_wsgi-and-apache-with-a-virtualenv-python-environment-on-a-debian-vps

Hope that works for you!

I'm also hoping to set up elasticsearch as a daemon process so that it will run
without having a terminal open, but have not attempted that yet.  This is where
I'm going to start with that once I'm able to get to it:
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/launch-nix.html

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 3:02 AM, David Lopes