Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone could help suggest the best way to
handle a server that is only being used for arches, when it comes to
package updates/upgrades?

I only know the very basics of using apt-get update and apt-get upgrade,
and apt-get dist-upgrade.  I don't want any of the Arches dependencies to
be upgraded, but I do need to be able to get current security updates and
make sure things keep running smoothly.

I'll look into these
suggestions
http://askubuntu.com/questions/194/how-can-i-install-just-security-updates-from-the-command-line,

but would be interested to know if anyone has experience with maintaining a
server over a long period of time.

Adam