I (partly) solved this by creating three separate branches from the main
node (value, biblio reference, actor reference).
All three are configured as Sub-Cards, which allows the user to add
multiple of each separately.
Under 'cards' I also enabled multiple values.

I was wrong in thinking this would remove the relation between the three
branches: the user still saves the whole 'bundle' by clicking the 'Save'
button at the bottom.

Screenshots;
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QA3LPQTOEL0/WU11iRnyanI/AAAAAAAAB9s/rY1dF_x37GkPPK_xKU6ak0-bbvegKeG1QCLcBGAs/s1600/Iconography%2Bbranch%2Bcards.PNG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-eHyA_eQXFwQ/WU11snSI81I/AAAAAAAAB9w/44YcvjYOTG4s4ckGnxKpqVHdX0SmAE0_QCLcBGAs/s1600/Iconography%2Bbranch%2Bgraph.PNG>