Hi Allison,

Phil is right in that you can run Arches on a local network or even a local
laptop without having to be online (at all times).
Although this might limit the functioning of the maps, because Arches
downloads these from the internet. But there are solutions for that (with
which others here can help you).

Arches does not have any automated synchronization of data between
instances (separate Arches installations), so for that you would need to
export your data from one instance and import it into the other instance.

You will require internet for the installation of Arches, though.

Hope this helps,
Vincent