Yeah, for situations like that, if it's an in-depth change to core arches,
it may not be easy to make a direct pull request from your repo to the main
one. Typically, I at least just try to make distinct changes in the commit
history so that it's easy for anyone to see what exactly needed to be done
to make the modification. It's likely that to make a PR, your best course
of action would be to make a new branch in your fork from the master branch
(after updating your master to match the current
archesproject/arches/master branch) and then apply the changes to that new
branch and make a PR in the main arches repo. Of course this can be more
tricky if your changes depend on other, unrelated modifications you've
made, so watch out for that.

At any rate, pull requests are always more than welcome on the main repo,
and this functionality you've described would likely be very useful to
others. So, if you have the time, it would be great to see! Also, making
pull requests is good because it opens the door to an detailed discussion
of the new code on github.

Cheers,
Adam